Friday, May 9, 2008

Loopy Pain Meds

Montey's first bath at home, drying off in his duckie hooded towel.

Okay, so I re-read what I had written about the birth of Montey Jaycob and realized that I had not exactly worded things exactly right, due to the rather LOOPY pain meds I was on from labor and from the labor after pains. Thankfully I am FREE from using pain meds; I can't believe people actually like taking these Narcotics for fun. Anyhow, just wanting to back up and re-fix the error:
We went to the hospital at 3:00am, after contracts starting at 12:30 at night on the 30th. And we waited for an hour and a half for the epidural. Then just 15mins after the epidural was in, my doctor came in and stated that it was time for me to start pushing. And my jaw dropped and I looked at her and said, "WHAT?" So I started pushing and 21 mins later he came (the doctor had a lot of maneuvering to do with the baby in working with him to get him out the best and least painful way.) The epidural took just enough to take to edge off, which I was glad to have waited for it anyhow, seeing that if I didn’t that last 21mins would have been worse than what it ended up being. So what it all comes down too is that, I do not wish a natural delivery on my worse enemy. This delivery went way too fast, and nautral is no fun. The results ended up great at the end, but NOT at all how I wanted or imagined labor would go this time around. So pretty much this sealed the deal....WE ARE DONE!!! I am never doing that again, we are glad to have our two boys and two girls, I am proud to say that our fam is complete. =) Yippy, I am really looking forward to getting my body back in shape to resume my belly dancing classes and all that fun "ME" time again.

2 comments:

QnA Drapers said...

way to go Tanya! All that hard work and you have one cute little boy- can't wait to come see hime!

Lauren said...

I'm so glad that everything worked out. We want lots of pictures! I'm glad you feel like your family is complete!