Friday, May 2, 2008

Montey Jaycob Mathison













Is finally Here!!! He came at 5:06 am, on April 30th, just 18 hours before his due date. It amazes me how all of my children have come almost exactly ON their due dates.
He was indeed big, but not as big as I had thought. His weight was, 8 lbs and 12 oz, 21 in long, head was 13 1/3 inches big, and his chest was a BIG 14 inches wide. Getting is shoulders and chest out was the hardest part. And the whole time I was nervous about his head being too big. Thankfully my doctor did a great job working with him, and I didn't rip or tear or even need an episiotomy. This was the shortest delivery from contraction starting at 12:30 at night, and delivering at 5:06 am, but the most intense and painful of all. I was dilated to 6cm and 90% effaced by the time we got to the hospital, and doing alright. However, upon arrival I immediately asked for an epidural. My goal has NEVER been to have a natural delivery.... It took the dang anesthesiologist an hour and a half to get my room, with only one person before me he was working on. I have never experienced the "fun" intense transitional contractions before, and I was no way near ready to do a natural delivery. My doctor wanted me to start pushing and stubbornly I refused, and she gave up and left the room as I waited and waited for that epidural...just like I was always use to getting. After the epidural was in we delivered Montey only 45 mins later...so I suppose you can say I pretty much did it natural and boy was that an experience I will never forget. Montey and I are healthy and doing just fine. They kept me as a prisoner for more than I liked, a whole 2days and 1 night. I like to leave the hospital ASAP...it's not a hotel, the Nurses bother the heck out of me, it's just not comfortable like home sweet home.=) Which is where we are now and it feels great to be home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AWWWW:)!! SO CUTE:-D!! Congratulations Mathison Family!! Love and miss you ALL:'(!!

Love ya,
Mandi, Max, & Family

The Scott Family said...

I am so, so ,so happy for you! He is adorable and I am glad to here he arrivede safely. I am so proud of you, I know where you are coming from , from the sounds of your deliverery. Had a few like that myself. Way to go. You are great!! We really miss you guys! Lots of love to you and the fam!!!Love, Sarah

misham33 said...

Can I confess that I hoped he'd be born on my birthday? Is that too selfish of me? I'd really hoped so.

Congrats! ~M