Thursday, August 27, 2009

Returned Home



Caleb Luccas Mathison, 8, of Lincoln, returned to live with his Heavenly Father early Tuesday (8/25/09) with his parents by his side, after sustaining injuries from a car accident. He was born on (06/23/01) in Rexburg, Idaho, to Eric and Tanya (Brooks) Mathison. Caleb was a new member of the boy scouts and was riding with his mother on Monday as they were searching for the Boy Scout office in Walton to purchase his scout shirt and Cub Scout book. He was a very happy, active boy and had just finished his first year in baseball through the YMCA, where his dad helped coach his team. He loved soccer and played two seasons in Lincoln with Capital Soccer Association. Caleb was proud to have passed his swim test at the YMCA and spent many hours swimming with family and friends. When he wasn't playing team sports, Caleb enjoyed challenging his mom and dad to games of soccer and baseball in the backyard. Caleb was a helpful, obedient big brother and son, and his big smile found a place in many hearts. While his experience on this earth was short, Caleb's spirit will live on with those who love him most, as we know families can be together forever.

Survivors: parents, Eric and Tanya Mathison; younger sisters, Liahona Pearl Mathison; Tamara Jade Mathison; little brother, Montey Jaycob Mathison; grandparents, Don and Christine Mathison; Keith and Nancy Brooks; a large extended family including many aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Funeral services will be held at 7 p.m. on Friday (8-28-09) at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 3000 Old Cheney Road. Burial: A family burial will be held in Washington. Visitation: Friday (8-28-09) one hour prior to services at the church. Memorials in lieu of flowers: donations may be made to the "Caleb Mathison Memorial Fund" at any Wells Fargo Bank location. Online condolences at www.lincolnfh.com

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Tanya:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys!! We love you guys and we're always here for you!!

Love you,
~Mandi & Family

QnA Drapers said...

I Love you Caleb!!! You guys are amazing- and we will make it through- thank you for sharing this. We love you so much!

Anonymous said...

Tanya and Erik, I am so sorry for you loss. We loved getting know Caleb. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We are hoping to come to the funeral on Friday.

Love
Joe and Janette

Park Family said...

Tanya, my prayers are with you guys during this time. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know you guys will make it through this difficult time.

Kori said...

I am so glad we got a chance to know Caleb before he returned home! We are blessed to know your precious family! All my love!

Anna and Jon said...

What a great little boy you raised. We're so glad to be friends with you.

Brittany said...

i hope you find peace in knowing he is with our Savior. i love you and wish i could be there right now but i hope you can feel my love...

Courtney said...

Caleb was such an example to us, even at his young age. He was so innocent and pure and the perfect example of what a little boy should be. We loved him and we love your family.

The Young Family Inc. said...

Tanya and family- My heart is aching. Even though I didn't ever meet sweet Caleb, I have grown to love him through reading your adventures. What a special kid!

I wish we lived closer. Know that I love you and you are in my thoughts and prayers. PLEASE call me if there is anything I can do. Do you need somewhere to stay in WA? 425-214-2414. LOVE you.

Keeslermom said...

Tanya,

I am so sorry for your loss. Our family is praying for you guys!

The Keeslers

Lauren said...

Mathison Family,
You guys are in our prayers. I know how much it hurt for us to lose Evelyn and we did not even get to meet her. I cannot imagine what it must be like to have known his amazing spirit for 8 years. We love you guys so much. Our hearts break for you

Love The Burke Famly

Anonymous said...

Tanya and Family,
My heart goes out to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry for you loss.

Shelley Gee said...

Oh, Tanya. My heart is aching for you and your family right now! I wish I was closer so I could visit you. I hope you can find some comfort is knowing that you raised such an amazing son that Heavenly Father couldn't be without anymore. In knowing you and Eric, Caleb could have been nothing short of greatness. I pray for you SEVERAL times a day that you might find peace and healing from this tragedy.

Anonymous said...

Tanya & Eric,

I'm so, so sorry for your loss... I hope you are both able to realize how much love your Heavenly Father has for your entire family, and that nothing can ever break you apart. My wishes are with you :)

Nancy & Family