Saturday, May 16, 2009

California Trip

Two weeks ago my Sweetest Grandma Brooks passed away, being 98 years old. She was MORE than willing and ready to go. I have so many fond memories with her as I child. I am glad that I was able to spend 11 years with her before my Dad got a job transfer to Redmond Washington. She made the BEST chocolate birthday cakes, and she always knew how to make one feel special on their birthday. I remember looking forward to such fun sleepovers at her house, on my birthday weekends. My grandma would take me to Toysrus, where I got to choose any 1 toy that I wanted, (obviously within reason.) She has an amazing green thumb, and could make ANYTHING grow. Her love for ALL birds has grown on me, and now my daughter, Liahona. I remember my grandma humming all the time, and I loved hearing her, it always made me feel safe. I would like to say that I am very much like my grandma, when it comes to humming. She would hum as she walked around the house doing things, as I do too. She will greatly be missed, but at times like this I am thankful that I can lean on the gospel. As I focus on the eternal perspective of things, and how we believe that Families are Forever. =)

After a super intense, emotional, family gathering in honor of my Grandma Brooks, my siblings and I tried to have a little fun at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I haven't been there since I was 11, before my family move to Washington. It was really weird going down memory-lane. I and 3 of my siblings went on so many rides. I am so proud of myself that I didn't wimp out, but did go on almost ALL the roller coaster rides. Plus extra Fun water ones. It was a nice, yet weird time being without kids. I kept feeling like I was naked and wasn't sure at times what to do with myself. Yet, over all I had a great time in California.


Got a Need for Speed?

( 'Goliath has your answer.Towering over 255 feet above earth, this massive steel superstructure hit speeds of 85 mph, making it one of the tallest and fastest roller coasters around.' Here we are enjoying a 3 minute, high speed adventure over 4,500 feet of steel track, together as siblings.)

2 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

I had to laugh at your comment about feeling naked without your kids because I TOTALLY understand! It's almost like you don't know what to do. No one to watch over and you almost feel guilty having fun without them. Killer roller coaster...that looks so AWESOME!!!

Kori said...

How fun!