Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fall Brings Falling Emotions...





Fall is Brown, 
Fall is Cold,
Fall is everything new beginning to unfold.

Fall is all Around,
Fall is Future unknown,
Fall is time for more of us to moan.

Fall is Quiet,
Fall is Still,
Fall is wishing you were Here.

Trying to do the typical Fall traditions, it is easy to get depressed and to loose touch of reality and slip into my world of the past.... wanting, dreaming, longing anything but living in the present.

Last Sunday I was tremendously blessed with the humbling experience to lead my first discussion at church in the Relief Society with the sisters in my ward from the words of our Prophet Thomas S Monson, 'Consider the Blessings.' 
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/10/consider-the-blessings?lang=eng

Our Prophet presented a good strategy for helping us 'Consider the Blessings' in our lives. Something that I have not been very good at doing these past 3 years.

This is what he said, "As I have reviewed the past 49 years, I have made some discoveries. One is that countless experiences I have had were not necessarily those one would consider extraordinary. In fact, at the time they transpired, they often seemed unremarkable and even ordinary. And yet, in retrospect, they enriched and blessed lives—not the least of which was my own. I would recommend this same exercise to you—namely, that you take an inventory of your life and look specifically for the blessings, large and small, you have received."

I decided to take on this challenge in this Reflection Exercise from our Prophet, to help improve my perspective in life during this difficult Fall Season. I have been trying to look for specific blessings both small or big that I have received lately. Trying to keep in mind that they may not be extraordinary but may be pretty plain and simple yet still enrich and bless my life.

. Crunching leaves under my feet make me feel like a kid.
. Bright color trees and leaves all around places a quick smile on my face.
. Smiles and hugs from my children each morning as they say, "Hi Mom, good morning."
. A comfortable and warm home as the cold weather approaches.
. Memories to review, to read and relive.
. My children praying on their own for the Coming of the Savior to be soon.
. Listening to talks new and old from Prophets and Apostles.
. Reading the words of God, and receiving Personal Guidance.

I hope that you can improve your Fall Perspective by taking a moment to do this Reflection Exercise too. That Fall can bring that added cheer to you and your family.

Happy Fall.
Love, The Mathison's




No comments: