DAY 4:Wednesday- Resting in Bethany
Christ knew how important family and friends were and took the time to be with them as he continued teaching and using parables. This day was when Judas one of the 12 Apostles, had set a trap to betray Jesus in setting a deal with the Pharisees for the price of 30pieces of silver.You can read more about the specifics of this day Matthew 26: 14-6, Luke 22: 3-6
DAY 5:Thursday-The Last Supper
Christ gathered with this apostles and friends to observe the Passover. And introduced the sacrament, bread representing the sacrifice of his body dying for them, and wine (grape juice) for his blood that would be spilt for them in The Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross. Jesus reminds his apostles to serve one another, as he washed their feet. Judas leaves the feast when Christ says I know what you are planning to do, so do it fast. Christ and the apostles leave the feast and go to The Garden of Gethsemane.
Click the link to watch a short video
Day 6: Friday- Jesus Trial and Crucifixion
Jesus was then was lead to Pilate and many others to be decided on Christ's fate, which the cries of the people said to Pilate "Crucify him, crucify him" he gave in and did as they wanted, fearing the angry mobs more than God. After many grueling days with no rest, Christ was too weak to carry his own cross. A man named Simeon from Cyrene was chosen to help carry the weight of the beam for Christ. I often ask myself, would I have been so willing? Am I willing to do so now? I pray for strength that I will always be able to answer YES!
No comments:
Post a Comment