Thursday, August 4, 2011

11 Year Wedding Anniversary

On July 28th, We, as a family celebrated together.

We rode on a ferry to Orcas Island.

We went swimming.

We went hiking.

It was a nice way to celebrate this special occasion as a family, with being together. I use to think it was important to be only a couple on our anniversary, but truly it is our family that we need to celebrate- for we have been together for all these years.
We are grateful to be blessed with a goal to become and strive for an eternal family someday. And to have these opportunities to build strong earthy memories to keep us close.
Happy Family Anniversary to us!

(The kittens in the picture are our new family members. It is nice to have some healthy happy distractions in our family, not to replace the deep whole but to help soften it. They have been a joy to have. They too loved the Orcas Island trip and all the attention from strangers.)

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Looks like you had a great trip! My parents anniversary as well on the 28th of July! How fun that you got kittens too!! Miss you guys so much. Today I listened to the song "The Test" by Janice Kapp Perry (they sang it at my brothers funeral). Of course I cried and thought of you guys. We think of you often.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I bet the kids are loving the kittens! We spend almost all of the "romantic" days, valentines and anniversary, as a family too. Our kids think that it is seriously a family event. I laugh to myself sometimes think of them bring over a date on Valentines Day to spend the day as a family.

Amanda said...

yay, congrats! It looks like you had an awesome trip!

Brittany said...

Happy Anniversary!! You all look so happy! Looks like a fun trip! And you're right, it's celebrating your forever family :)