Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Make A Special Easter Family Tradition!!

I cannot help but notice that there are not many special traditions that families do at this very very Special Easter time of year. For it is right there next to Christmas, and we need to, as Christians to reach higher than on the easter bunny level. We take so much time preparing and getting ready for Christmas, so why don't we do the same for Easter? I have been guilty of this myself. And for me I have realized that I cannot afford to be casual about this holiday anymore.... because it is more than just a Holiday, it is a blessed Miracle the gift of Resurrection and Eternal life through Jesus Christ.

As Easter is arriving, I ask you to PLEASE try to reach above the Easter Bunny Level and try to find that very special Easter Family tradition that will bless you and your family for years to come.

This is our first year doing this, but we are excited to make this our Special Easter Family Tradition.
We will do the 12 days of easter using a plastic egg with a scripture and a message for each day from the last week of the Savior's life. On Palm Sunday we will be having a special feast to remember Jesus' Last time with his apostles and how he taught them (and us) of the sacrament of how he broke the bread and blessed it to remember of his body, and to drink of the cup and remember of the blood which has been shed for all. We will use grape juice, because we do not drink wine. Then on Saturday, the day before easter, we will do a small easter bunny thing, and dye easter eggs. Something that I grew up with that I have learned to pull more and more back from, seeing that it can take away from the "real" reason of this glorious season 'Of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ'. Then on Sunday we will attend our church worship services, and open our last egg together, as this one will be "empty." Because the tomb that Jesus Christ was in was empty, for he was resurrected. And we will talk and discuss about what a wonderful thing he has done for us, that because he was resurrected we will be too. Then my little ones will watch a very well done child-friendly cartoon video made by the Nest Family Company, expanding on what we previously talked about of how Jesus Christ was risen from the tomb. Then to finish that great Easter day, we will have a nice family dinner, taking turns saying what we love about Easter time.

I Hope everyone has a Blessed Easter Season, May the Lord be merciful and bless you and your families at this great time of year. Please remember the "REAL" reason of this season. We are so blessed to have it, to remind us and our children. =)Tanya

2 comments:

Shelley Gee said...

Hey, that sounds great! What a fun idea!

QnA Drapers said...

I'm so thankful for Easter!! Wish we could come celebrate this beautiful holiday with you guys. Have a wonderful week.