Friday, January 23, 2009

Wedding Dress Dress-Up

The other day I was doing my daily routine of cleaning the house, but this time I was attempting to clean and pick up my room, which seems to always be the messiest in the house....hmmm.......
Tamara came in and asked if she could help me, immediately I said, "Sure you can." =) While I was in my closest putting away clothes, she did the dusting, and this picture caught her eye, and said, "Mom your dress is so pretty." I told her that my wedding dress was hanging up in my closest, if she wanted to see it. Of course she said, "YES!" So as I am taking the dress out she says, "Mom try it on. Please Mommy, it's so beautiful!!" I sadly told her, "I'm sorry mommies body is a "little" bit bigger than what it use to be." That did not satisfy her and she kept pleading and begging.... I thought what the heck I will humor her, to please her, at least she will be happy that I tried right?

OK, so who would have known that after 8 1/2 years, and five pregnancies, and four kids later that one would be able to fit back into her wedding dress? It is one of the squishiest dresses that I have ever tried on. Needless to say, I am glad that I won't be needing to wear it again. I couldn't last longer than 30 minutes in it that's for sure.....
These pictures are FAR from being glamour shots by any means so don't look too closely. Remember I was cleaning.............=)
Here is Tammie Dressed up as a Bride. Wearing mommies accessories. She wanted to try on my dress and was sad when she realized it was a "little" too big for her. So she felt a little better as she got to at least try on mommies big hoop underskirt. She asked me, "When I get married can I wear your dress, because it is SO beautiful." I told her, "Sure, maybe someday you can."
I sent Eric a picture of me in my wedding dress to his cell phone, and when he came home, he surprised me with beautiful flowers and chocolates!

What a Great Day I had!!! =) Life couldn't get any better.

10 comments:

A Forever Family said...

If an Isaac Blogger reads this, I'm so sorry, can you please remind me how we know eachother. You must forgive me I am super blonde...=)

Courtney said...

That is wonderful that you still fit in your wedding dress... I can only hope that after 4 children I will be able to get in my dress, even if it won't zip up! Way too go Eric, what a great husband, bringing flowers and chocolates!

Unknown said...

OMG!! Tanya, GORGEOUS, JUST ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS:-D!! And REALLY WAY TO GO ERIC!! What A LUCKY WOMAN YOU ARE TANYA to have such a WONDERFUL HUSBAND, AND GREAT KIDS:-D!! That's SO SWEET that Tamara wants to wear her mommies wedding dress when she get's married:-D!!

Love and Miss You Guys SO MUCH:'(.
Mandi

QnA Drapers said...

That is so fun- we sahould have a party and all wear our dresses just to get some more use out of them. You look great!!!

Park Family said...

You look great in your dress still. Way to fit into it! I definitely couldn't fit into my right now with a little one on the way. Tamara is such a sweet little girl. She looks so cute in your accessories.

Angela said...

WOW!! I am so impressed!! That is definitely something to blog about! There is no way I would be fitting back into my wedding dress! You look hot!! :) PS- How awesome that Eric made it an extra sweet day! What a sweetie!

Debbie Murdock said...

That's pretty impressive! And what a sweetheart your husband...he needs to call Matt and give some pointers.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I couldn't even fit back into mine after one kid, and now that we have four, it seems like a dream.

Anonymous said...

How fun is that! You look great! I can't believe how time just cruzes
by. It just seems like yesterday we were visiting away in our
apartments in Rexburg. I can't beleive that was 9 years ago. So glad
things are wonderful. I think that is great of Eric to suprise you.

Take care friend!
Crystal

A Momma said...

Wow, you are such a skinny mini. You look awesome in that dress. I just wanted to drop a note so you can find our blog. -Heather