Friday, June 20, 2008

Busy Spring: Our Top 10 Reasons

1: Birth of Montey Jaycob
He has changed so much during these past 7 weeks. His new found love is his exersaucer. He loves bouncing and turning around in it and he especially likes looking around. His head and neck muscle are awfully strong. He can sit in this toy up to 20minutes, which is nice for me to have some time to workout or take a shower or something fun for just myself. Getting this kid to lean over to burp is near to impossible, he tightens in back muscles so strong, and he pushes with his legs to stand up. I can see that this kid is already showing his strong willed side....we are in for some really fun times ahead I am sure...he is just so cute anyhow. His older brother can't help but give him kisses every time he walks by him. Sometimes Monety will be crying and Caleb will just be giving him kisses and I would have to tell him "Would you please stop kissing him and just give him his binky please...."














2: Celebrating Birthday Number 1, Tamara's Day
Of course where do all little kids want to go?? McDonald's...why as kids do we find that greasy, smelly, busy place so much fun?? So we had an evening out at McD's to celebrate Tamara's birthday, and went home for cake and ice cream. Last year when she blew out her candles her hair caught on fire (I somehow mange to tape the whole thing without noticing, even when Eric was putting it out.) This year we manged to by pass the hair on fire, yet her face almost got burnt with her leaning into the candles to blow them out.... good grief! It's a Good thing Eric knows the Burn Unit well at our local hospital.



3: Celebrating Birthday Number 2, Liahona's Day
So for her birthday she wanted to go to the zoo. We drove an hour to Omaha to use our family zoo pass for this special outing. Okay, you have not been to a REAL zoo until you have been to the one here in Omaha...all I can say is WOW!












4: Celebrating Birthday Number 3, Caleb's Day

(On a side note to you all, spring babies are nice and all, but not 3, now 4 birthday's all in a row...it gets pretty crazy and busy, and drains that bank.)
Caleb being just under 12months apart from his little sister Liahona, means that they get to be the same age for about 2weeks. This is something that Caleb doesn't exactly like. He is happy when he finally is older than his sister again. When Grandparents were in town we went to an awesome place that kicks Chuckie Cheese by a long shot. It's called The Amazing Pizza Machine, which I personally like to call it Pizza Planet...holy-cow it is a kids paradise that's for sure...really really fun.












5: Spring Soccer was a Hit

Caleb loved every minute of running around the soccer field. After of couple of games he picked up on the main idea to run towards the ball, not just next to other people with the ball. HE earned his 1st Trophy...he was way excited and it sits on his bed, obviously he is very proud of himself, as are we.











6: Feeding and Feeding Our Very Hungry Pets
Our Newly Adopted Ducks "Guac and Molly " have decided to make our frog pond in the backyard their home sweet home. They like waddling up to our grass in the backyard to get their breakfast, lunch and dinner. The kids LOVE to feed their pets, we go through so much bread these days..... They are going to be too fat to fly away soon.









7: Blessing a Sweet Baby Boy
Montey was blessed at 6 weeks old in our church ward here in Nebraska. Nice to have instant family where ever we go, that has been a real blessing for us...especially living here being the farthest away from family yet.














8: Visiting with Out of Town Guests
My parents flew in to share a special "Fatter's Day" with us, oh I mean "Father's Day." Montey was blessed on Father's Day Sunday at church. We haven't seen my parents in over a year. We had a good visit with them, even though it was a short one.

9: Fighting Off Ticks
It is the bug season here, and these guys are the worst. We went for a family walk in our back yard, which is actually a Nursery, and we litterally had 20 ticks climbing on us. Got home from our walk and we all showered, scrubbed, and bathed those bugs away... however in the morning, Tamara still had two on her; one in her ear, and in her hair on the back of her head. Lyme Diease could be a posible facture for us, yet it can take up to a year to show any signs of this illness!!!EEK!

10: Hiding from Frightening Tornados
Our neighborhood Tornado sirens have gone off quit a bit this spring. There were these really Dark Tornado Warnings clouds with green spots here and there, above our home this one evening, and they were rotating in a circuliar motion...really weird and scarey. Aren't tornados only in places like OZ?? Guess we live in OZ.








10 comments:

QnA Drapers said...

we sure love you guys! Im glad weve got to help be a part of your busy spring (except the tick part) and were looking forward to a fun summer too!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you guys have found so many things to celebrate this spring. The weather seems to be settling down a bit now, so that is nice. Although now we get to fight the humidity and heat, yuck. I can't believe how old Montey is already. We have a family zoo pass to for the Omaha zoo. We will have to meet up one Saturday and go check it out together, maybe not until end of July beginning of August though. Our boys are missing their friends.

funkymonkey said...

Mathisons,
Lamont here. It is sure nice to see your wonderful family. Everyone is growing up so much. Congrats on the new one. He seems to be a wonderful addition to a wonderful family. Eric, looks like you are having a good time golfing with the kids. I hope that everything is going well with you. I am very honored with the name of Monty. I hope that I can live to be a good example to him. Maybe we could take him down to Brazil when he is a little older. Do you have any plans to go back. Do you keep in touch with anyone down there? I got on google earth the other day and looked up Sao Vicente. It was crazy to look at the streets that we walked and see all landmarks and homes of the people that we taught. It is sad however of all the memories that are fading with time. I wish I could remember everyones names and where everyone lives. We really enjoyed having you visit our home. We hope that we will be able to find some time to come and see you soon. I am the scoutmaster right now and staying pretty busy. It is really hard for Audrey to share her man with all those boys. We are super busy raising the three girls. Talk to you soon. www.squiresjourney.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

What a great spring. I can't believe how old Tamara is. When you left she was just a baby. We sure miss you guys. We're glad you've found such fun things to do this spring. Hope the summer's even better

Brittany said...

WOW! i can't believe all those birthdays! crazy! but it looks like they all had a great time!! montey is adorable. i love his blessing outfit. how cute is he?? sounds like you had one busy month--are you still alive?? ;)

Angela said...

This post is so awesome! I loved reading it. Also, your header picture is so adorable!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hey friend!
I love your blog. You do such a great job and you are such a great mother. Thank you for leaving a memory on my blog. It sparked a lot of good memories! :0) I have one for you! I remember how much you cared for me and looked out for me during two of my hardest trials. (passing of Jeanie, and divorce). Thank you for your loyalty as a friend! I will be eternally grateful!
Take care!
Crystal

The Bakers said...

It is so fun to find your blog. I will never forget how wonderful you were to me. On the worst day ever this sweet lady called me just to chat, no one oregon called me to chate. Thanks for everything and I am so glad your family is doing so well.
Emily Baker

misham33 said...

Oh my gosh...its the BROOKS!!!! How are your parents? I hope they are doing well. They look so happy!

~M

Lauren said...

Um, I know you're busy with the new baby and all, but we need new pictures!!