Sunday, October 14, 2007

Huskerville


































After 7 long months our house in Oregon finally sold. We had a Realtor for 6 months, and for 1 month we did it for sale by owner, with my parents help holding open houses for us. They did a great job for us and found us a buyer. We are truly grateful to only have 1 house payment again, and paying utilities one only 1 house as well....phew!! Life is good, and we are happy!! =)

Eric's school is going well keeping him rather busy, using his extra time working part time in the Burn unit at the hospital nearby. It has been quite the experience for him in the burn unit, he has decided that he enjoyed working in the ICU unit better. In the ICU units, there was more busy work, and Eric just likes to stay busy and focused to help make the shift go faster.

The kids and I are having a great time with Homeschooling, we are buying a Children's Museum membership this week, to give us more fun indoor field trips with the winter and cold weather coming up soon. We went two weeks ago using their free coupons from the summer library reading program, and they had a blast. Well, We have decorated our home for Halloween already, being my second favorite holiday, we have lots of decorations. We will have to take pictures to post of our SPOOKY house.

My birthday was fun. It is weird to think that I am 27 years old, I still feel and look like I'm 19 though. Both Eric and I have that young look about us, I suppose that will come in handy as we get older. Eric is second to the youngest in his class of 11 people, and even though he looks young, people are always amazed when they find out that he has been married for 7 years and has 3 children.

Eric and I share the same church calling, we are part of the Activities Committee, and we just got done with being in charge of a Roadshow. Of which we only had 1month to put it together, needless to say the bishopric knew about it since the beginning of the year. This was truly the task, seeing that I am not gifted in singing or dancing or acting.... I personally hated these kinds of activities as a youth and I felt like the biggest hypocrite. But it went rather well. The youth thankfully in this ward are extremely gifted in sing, dancing, and acting. Many of they are in drama, and perform in school plays and musicals. We are glad that this rather "Fun" assignment is over, and we can relax now.

So we are doing well here in Huskerville. Lincoln has a college football team called the cornhuskers and the whole city is just totally crazy over this team. On game day everyone wears Red, and has garage parties watching the game on their TVs in their garages. Weird..... I most likely will never become a cornhusker fan, but Eric is slowly converting to be apart of this rather weird huskerville lifestyle. Since they have no Pro anything here in Lincoln everyone is just so crazy-nuts over their Cornhusker College Football Team. And the funniest thing of all is that they aren't even a good team, they stink pretty bad, and yet they still have sold out home games each time. On game day the stadium holds 80 thousand people making that the 3rd largest amount of people gathered together in one area in the state of Nebraska. With the City of Omaha being the 1st, and the City of Lincoln being the 2nd. We are proud to say that we are so far surviving Huskerville.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I really enjoyed reading all about what has been going on with you guys. Fun pictures too!

Shane and Katherine said...

It was fun checking out your blog. I am glad that you have kept up the photography. Reminded me of our college years.

Love you tons,
Katherine